GRASSHOPPER TIRES

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JB1, Jun 21, 2000.

1. looking for some 21 x 11 x 10 tires that go on a 928. does anybody know of a online co. that has this size.

2. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

They're not 21x11-8? That is what my 721 uses. I have been buying them through a tire store but J. Thomas has them also. I also bought Carlisle (who is the maker of the Grasshopper tires too) Turfmasters for my Kees at a online dealer called Richard's Tire. He does not have the Grasshopper "chevron" listed, but if you are interested, I can get you their phone#.

3. they are 21 x 11x 10 they are for the 928 and they are bigger than the what the 721 uses.

4. JJ Lawn

JJ Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Try Ken Jones Tires.... they might have them.<p> http://www.kenjones.com , or send e-mail to info@kenjones.com . Or call 1-800-225-9513, ask for Brian. <p>I got a real good price on some 18x10.50x10 for my Walker. Got two tires for what one would have cost me at local Walker dealer. And that included shipping. They were the same OEM tires that my dealer sells. <p>Jim<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: JJ Lawn

5. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Try cedarrapidstire.com<br>They quoted me a price of $33.50 for each tire on my 725G2. The dealer wants almost $90 per tire.

6. JJ Lawn

JJ Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Bob, I see you had the same problem I had.... :) <br>I bought 2 tires from Ken Jones for $94 total. My dealer wanted that much + tax for just one. (and freight on top of that)I understand that the dealers have to make a profit but sometimes their prices are way out of line. And then they have the audacity to complain when I buy parts somewhere else. Say I'm not being loyal....yea.<p>Jim

7. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

Had the same problem with my 725G2. I got Titan AT101 21x11x10 from Diprima Tire for 33.60 each with 8.00 shipping per tire. Got'm in 2 days too! I'll NEVER buy tires from my dealer again. Diprimas # is 800-768-0020

8. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

Keith,<br>I've got 2 brand new (never mounted) Carlisle 21x11x8 that I ordered by accident. If you or anyone else is interested e-mail me at mowerman@atlantic.net<br>$60 + shipping and they're yours

9. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I might take you up on that if you are not in a real herry to sell. If you are I appreciate the offer anyway. Thanks