GrassHopper

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Farmer, Aug 12, 2003.

1. Farmer

Farmer LawnSite Member

Ok, so i have heard the good and the bad. From what i understand its not impossible to come across a brand new grassHopper that is a LEMON, but also i hear alot of realy great things about the mowers ( that aren't lemons) and as long as you take care of them, they should take care of you.... I do like what GrassHopper has to offer, and it is the most confortable mower i have ever sat on. So this winter I will be looking for a Used grasshopper in my area. if anyone in my are would have one please let me know. I don't see very many older GrassHoppers for sale... where do they go?

2. Stripe master

Stripe master LawnSite Member

I am in Ky and will be selling my 02 this month. If you are intersted let me know. thx

3. Farmer

Farmer LawnSite Member

Stripe Master thanks for replying, but Kentucky is just a little to far for me to drive. sorry, but just out of curiousity what model of mower is it and how much?

4. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

got one here in pa with a bagger 61"

5. Farmer

Farmer LawnSite Member

Sorry PJ i'm trying to find one in Missouri, but thank you for replying. But 52" or 61" would be thew size deck I'm looking for....

6. Farmer

Farmer LawnSite Member

PJ is that a Gemeni trans? If so how well has it held up for you?

7. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

1996 with 25 kubota water cooled gas
    it has a new right side pump and axle assembliy
    the machine bags great only problems was with the axles put in 3
    used to break hubs but they fixed that problem
    i heard that they put in a new Axel\pump in the new ones to fix the problems i was having my lazers run circles around this machine just my opinion

8. Randy J

Randy J LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Farmer, if you can work a good deal on one, I'm sure arrangements can be made for shipping. Heck I have a 20' gooseneck I would be willing to use.

Randy

9. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

K Y also . model 220 310 hrs

10. 2pioneer

2pioneer LawnSite Member

Hey Farmer,

I'm a lawncare dealer in Missouri and looking at trying to move a Grasshopper for a lawncare contractor who wants to upgrade to a Toro ZTR.

E-Mail me at taylor_lance@yahoo.com to discuss the details.