Grasshopper

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Billee, Mar 19, 2005.

1. Billee

Billee LawnSite Member

Can anyone give me any advice on Grasshopper mowers? Good or bad experiences. Trying to decide between Grasshopper and Exmark.

2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Do a search and you'll find a lot if info.

I have heard that they are very good mowers. I've heard the Duramax decks cut really good and the machines are very easy to service. I'd probibly take one over an Exmark even though i've never used either one.

3. Lawn Pros

Lawn Pros LawnSite Member

I have used both of them and they are good machines I would buy Grasshopper.if I didn't have a grasshopper I think I would like a Hustler or Ferris would be my next choice of mower.

4. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I checked them out at a local open house yesterday, really well built. The rep "claims" that their 52" deck is the best mulching deck out there. Didn't get to try it out for proof, too much snow on the ground. :cry:

5. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

Where was the open house and since there does not seem to be many dealers in Maine what do you think about their ability to service the equiptment?

6. LB Landscaping

from Maine

Open house was at Yerxas in South Portland. The Grasshopper distrubutor for Northern New England is right in Bethel. I have always had good luck with service at Yerxas so I doubt it would be a problem. They have been selling Grasshoppers for a while. Where in Maine are you?

7. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

I am in the Auburn area how about you? Do you currently own a grasshopper? Do you deal with Yerxas or the distributer? I have been checking out grasshoppers web and like the 200 series midmounts.

8. LB Landscaping

from Maine

I'm in Portland, I deal with Yerxas all the time, good guys to deal with. Never dealt with the distributor but I have talked to them at open houses and they seem like really good people. I run Walkers now but am looking to ad a midmount too, I am looking at the Grasshopper and Exmark. The local Exmark dealer has an open house this coming Thursday, I plan to do a some more research this week.