Grasshoppers Look sharp at EXPO

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WeedWhacker69, Jul 22, 2001.

1. WeedWhacker69

WeedWhacker69 LawnSite Member

Well after atending EXPO Saturday I was able too check out about every mower company there was, wether I had heard of most of them or not..lol. Besides the two obvious ones (Dixie Chopper & Exmark) the one I was really impressed with was the new Grasshoppers. I had'nt heard much about them for several years but they have a really nice setup and mower, was wondering what everyone else thought about them and if any of you are using them and how you like them. Great EXPO everyone!!

2. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I have 2 ,725 front deck Grasshoppers. I tested a new 428 diesel Mid Mount and that will definetly be my next mower.

3. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've had 2. My first was a 720K w/52" outfront mulching deck. My current is a 725 G2 (Kubota gas) w/52" outfront mulching deck. The first one had problems with the 20hp Kohler (no suprise). Broken cam gear. My current one has had 0 problems and I just turned over 1000 hrs. The water cooled Kubota is the way to go.

4. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I bought a 428D midmount in April. It has the 72" deck. I really like the way it handles and cuts. I have mowed some really tall, thick stands of grass without any deck discharge problems and with plenty of hp to spare. I highly recommend the machine and I hope to purchase another one next year.:D

5. LJ lawn

LJ lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

i just bought a clean low hour used WOODS (it's a grasshopper with woods decals) 54" out front deck,with kubota diesel.i have to say it one of the most comfortable machines out there.the cadillac of lawn mowers.the cut is just as nice if not nicer than my toro z.