Grasshoppers??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cpettit, May 3, 2004.

1. cpettit

cpettit LawnSite Member

Your thoughts on grasshoppers??....If not, what is the best Zero turn mower for your dollar??

2. M-and-W Land and Lawn

M-and-W Land and Lawn LawnSite Member

We have two grasshoppers we use everyday in our business and we have not had a problem yet besides your everyday maintenance and a few minor diffuculties over a span of about 6 years. If you're buying one I suggest getting an out-front deck model, as well as getting one with a liquid cooled engine. So in my view we are very happy with both grasshoppers and would highly suggest buying one after some research to find which model best fits your needs.

3. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Love mine i own a mid mount and a front mount.Go with the front mount

4. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

Love mine too!!!!! I don't have anything to compare it to since it is my first ZTR but I am more than happy..

Tim

5. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

I hate it when they jump on my legs when I'm on my Ferris 4000. Damn little things can ruin a corn field too.

6. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Don't have one, but ran on for a friend when he lost a guy for a 2 weeks (mother in hospital out of state). A very good machine, Make sure you get one with the g2 transmission. Would like one, but like my sentar more. I have another friend with a 721d w/52", 61", 72" and grass collection system for sale with 2400 hours for $6000. He stop cutting grass and now just sells mulch.

7. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I had a Grasshopper for over a year with no problems. Well built, comfortable, not as fast as some ztr's.

8. mbricker

mbricker LawnSite Senior Member

I've had 2 front mounts, both fairly small--a 618 48" w/bagger, and currently a 720 52" w/bagger. Both nearly trouble free.

I like them, but haven't had experience with any other ZTR.

9. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

I like mine dipped in a little dark chocolate!