Grassy weed I'd

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by newlymowedlawns, Aug 12, 2014.

1. newlymowedlawns

newlymowedlawns LawnSite Member
    from NC

I have 2 lawns that have this in it. What do y'all think it is. I sprayed drive75 on it at recomended rate on some of it to test and didn't touch it. Didn't spray this here. Thanks for the help.

image.jpg

2. newlymowedlawns

from NC

Wouldn't let me upload but one pict at a time. Sorry

image.jpg

3. newlymowedlawns

from NC

4. twomancrew

twomancrew LawnSite Senior Member

5. newlymowedlawns

from NC

It is fescue lawn with some crabgrass. Lol. . I've sprayed it with momentum for broadleaf and now trying to work on this. This weed grass is in about 1/3 of it. I will take better Picts and look at the blades closer to describe. Thanks for the link
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. twomancrew

twomancrew LawnSite Senior Member

You welcome. If you take a few minutes to look over the pics here http://www.msuturfweeds.net/browse-by-name/ and read the ID keys when you see something similar you'll probably get a lot out of the time you spend. I can narrow grasses down to 2 or 3 guesses. Usually. Problem is I don't have an expert to point out my mistakes so I can really learn.

Pics of grasses are tough, only a fool would argue online with someone about an ID from a picture online.

Someone here on LS will catch this thread and help you out better than I can. It shouldn't take much:laugh:I've shown you all my tricks. Good luck!

7. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

Broomsedge

It's not actually a sedge... MSMA would kill it. Now, nothing else out there will other than Glyphosate.

I dribble R-Up on each clump or dig it.

Welcome to the wonderful world of "No MSMA"

P.S. It has a shallow root system and digs fairly easy if there is only a few clumps. If the lawn has quite a bit...well...have fun!

8. newlymowedlawns

from NC

Man. Thank you. Done some research and looks like you nailed it. Man that's gonna stink having to dribble r up. Uggh
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. ETM

ETM LawnSite Senior Member
    from Georgia

I dug some today. Not that bad
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. newlymowedlawns

from NC

So all msma is gone. Or can you still get it.
    Posted via Mobile Device