Grassy weed I'd

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by newlymowedlawns, Aug 12, 2014.

1. twomancrew

twomancrew LawnSite Senior Member

2. Think Green

Think Green LawnSite Silver Member

In my state, same as Ted, we can still get MSMA. I can buy 2.5 gallon containers till my check book is empty but I will be using it off label.
    The label has changed so that residential usage is prohibited. Only Golf Course, right of way, sod production has clear usage.
    I went into a local crops protection and agriculture center and residents were coming in buying it at around 29.00 a gallon X 2.5 gall only. No proof of license or anything yet we pros cannot purchase it for off usage?
    So your answer is no, not totally gone, but lingering in dark recesses of some states with a revised label.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

You must really be in the "dark recesses" because absolutely nobody has any for sale around here. I'm sure Agra-Turf in Searcy has it but Ron Fisher's only going to sell to those with the right credentials. Even the little feed stores don't have it any more...

I've been so busy with an army worm invasion that grassy weeds have been playing "2nd fiddle"

4. Think Green

Think Green LawnSite Silver Member

Sorry Ted,
    Been extremely covered up the last couple months past storm damaged properties.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. garydale

garydale LawnSite Senior Member

It is broomsedge!
    We have to deal with it when homeowner try to turn farm fields into lawn.

6. wildstarblazer

wildstarblazer LawnSite Senior Member

So something like dismiss or basagran won't do the job?

7. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

Target 6plus (MSMA) can still be found all over the internet.

8. twomancrew

twomancrew LawnSite Senior Member

Good luck with that feller.

9. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

What you have to ask yourself is "Is it worth the loss of my license?"

I'm not sure about you but this is not a hobby for me. It's how I provide for my family...

10. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

Who's to say I was buying any. And second....you instantly think I would be using it against what the label is called for. I was just pointing out that it can still be found!