Gravel Parking Area Price?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Darryl G, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

That's how they wanted it for symmetry with the strip between the road and sidewalk.

I had spent an hour our two on the job on another day talking it over, marking it out, finding the invisible fence and cutting in the edges. Yesterday was 8 hours on site, but that included plenty of breaks and chit chat....remember this job was for family, lol.

Running the soil back bucket by bucket added a good bit of time...it's a bit of a wander around obstacles and its only a 1/3 yard bucket. I had some traction issues too during the digging phase. I expected that and brought my snow chains that I have for the front tires just in case but didn't use them. They've been parking there and it was pretty compacted and I run turf tires on the tractor. It is 4wd though.

The paved portion of the driveway is double wide and with this extension we were thinking that they may be able to park diagonally now to avoid constantly having to move cars for eachother like they had been. So basically use the right side as the access lane and to park one vehicle in front of the garage and then diagonal parking on the left lane of the driveway and the extension.

2. 2brothersyardcare

2brothersyardcare LawnSite Silver Member

what town that in if you dont ind me asking

3. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

It's in Wallingford. The material is from the Tilcon quarry in Wallingford as well.