Gravel parking lot

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by eruuska, May 4, 2006.

1. eruuska

eruuska LawnSite Senior Member

I got a call today from a church with a gravel parking lot that needs some weed control. I'm thinking of spraying glyphosate to kill the existing weeds, then spraying a pre-emergent.

Any thoughts on which pre-emergent would work best?

2. olive123

olive123 LawnSite Senior Member

why not spray both in the same mix? saves lots of time...ive found heavy doses of pre-m or surflan works well in that type of weed control

3. eruuska

eruuska LawnSite Senior Member

Actually, that finally occurred to me after my original post. I don't really wanna spray glyphosate in my Permagreen, so I'll likely use Speedzone (it's almost all broadleaf) mixed with a pre-em.

4. B&B

B&B LawnSite Member

I have sprayed a gravel lot,first glyphosfate to knock everything down, then pramatol to keep it down for up to 12 months.

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Pramitol works, but be careful...It has HEAVY leaching properties. I'll tell you something that works well, is Oryzalin. It is available at Lesco. One of the beauties of this is that it is orange. You can easily track where you sprayed it.

6. Killswitch

Killswitch LawnSite Senior Member

Couple "Glugs" of Scythe in your mix wont hurt either.

7. Killswitch

Killswitch LawnSite Senior Member

Great. The church with the orange parking lot.

lol

You could add some red dye and then stand out there in a robe a fake beard with a big stick and wave your arms around.

That would be cool.

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

LOL It DOES rinse right off with the first rain... :)

9. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

lol man that's funny.

10. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

What about Safari ?? isnt that a soil sterilizer? I know you can't spray it near any trees or desired shrubs. I could be wrong (these chemical names all start to sound alike)