gravelt ZTR'S

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Danny Harrison, Feb 3, 2004.

1. Danny Harrison

Danny Harrison LawnSite Member

i now have agravely zt1640 for just starting my busisness ,
    but how does the gravely and exmark commercial mowers compare? i am new in all htis so any advice is great!

Thanks
    Danny:confused:

2. bayoulawn

bayoulawn LawnSite Member

shouldnt you have asked before you got your gravely?

3. Danny Harrison

i'm sorry, i ment i am considering another mower for a big account i just picked up. i will need two mowers, this one a little bigger and better. my zt1640 is really just a homeowner unit w/ 16hp briggs & stratton.

4. bayoulawn

How far are you from Tarpon Springs?

5. gr84

gr84 LawnSite Member

there is tons of difference i think the exmark is a better unit all the way around much stronger (built better) then any gravely i have seen. i also think you get better service with exmark you should look at there website i think you would like the exmark.
    p.s go try them out give them a test run we did before we got our exmark lazer hp 52" 23hp

6. Danny Harrison

bayoulawn; I am aprox. 1-2hrs. from Tarpon Springs. 35min. from Disney World! My wife is from Grant Parish (Winnfeild) LA.

7. Danny Harrison

Thank you gr84. Last week I went to the Gravely on tour in Jax. FL. It was pretty good. If price is close I'll go with exmark, from what you are saying and what I have heard I too think exmark is the better way to go! (exmark lazer hp 44'/20hp kohler?) I need no larger than 44' so I can fit in mobil home parks.

8. bayoulawn

Wow small world.
    I know several people from winnfield.

9. bayoulawn

I was going to suggest you look at a Bad Boy if there had been a dealer closer to you.

Bastrop is just northeast of Monroe.