Gravely 100 Series ProMaster??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by thethrill, Apr 20, 2008.

1. thethrill

thethrill LawnSite Member
    Male, from North Arkansas

Just bought this mower with 18hp Kohler Magnum (MV18), it's older but has been gone through and fixed up. It's in real good shape, just wondering if anyone has experience with this mower or similar? Thanks, Will

2. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

They were fantastic mowers! We had a Gravely Pro-50 with the same kohler magnum that had 3,200 hours on it when we sold it and it still ran and worked good.

3. thethrill

Great News!! I just bought this mower for $350 to start our mowing business. The prev. owner was offered a $1000 for it last summer but needed the mower, since he bought a Kubota Diesel. He just uses it for his personal residence he's not in mowing biz. But the Gravely needed a fuel pump and he had one of his employees at mechanics/body shop take carb off and the idiot guy lost the carburetor!!! So I got the mower for $350 with a new fuel pump but no carb. I just got one for it for $40 So I hope it makes us a good mower!! Not sure how old it is though??

4. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Congratulations.

5. thethrill

Thanks, this seems to be an AWESOME site!!!

6. Zooropa93

Zooropa93 LawnSite Senior Member

The Magnum engines are pretty old but don't know the exact dates. I do know that if you need to repower at some point it'll have to be a Command Pro and will take significant mods.

7. thethrill

Ya I hope that don't happen any time soon!! A local small engine mechanic that has worked with mowers forever offered to give me my $350 back sight unseen, so I think I got a pretty good deal :)

8. lilsmoker

lilsmoker LawnSite Member
    from ohio

I also have a promaster 100 probably from around '96-'99? i think im the 3rd owner. The original engine was the kohler magnum.. it was ran low on oil so it was swapped with a b&s 18.5 with no mods. that engine came with a old MTD tractor. just put new blades on it and it is mowing great.