Gravely 1232 ZTR

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by ltd, Apr 9, 2006.

1. ltd

ltd LawnSite Member

A dealer had a new Gravely 1232ZTR for $1700, is this a good price ?
    Someone tell me what year they made this unit, Is it a good machine ?
    I plan to get one for home use, the yard is small about 1/4 of an acre.
    Thanks for any advise.

2. Lumberjack

Lumberjack LawnSite Member

might be a bit underpowered. The newer models are 15 hp kawi. last year they had a 14 hp briggs that was discontinued.

the small foot print wont hold even small hills well.

Id check it out carefully and demo it for cut, drivability and problems.

1700 for a used against a 3500? newer and slightly larger machine? Maybe but be suspicious.

3. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I am a Gravely dealer. My opinion of that machine is not very high. We never sold any, as I did not like the way it was built. I believe that model was discontinued a couple of years ago. I would go with one of the new, current, Gravely homeowner machines, like the 1534. It only runs around $2300.00 or so, and is a much improved mower.

4. ltd

ltd LawnSite Member

Thanks for you 2 inputs, I wonder how much is the lowest price for a 1434 & 1534 ?

5. Mowingman

from Texas

That would be up to each dealer to decide. We sell the 1534 for $2199.00.

6. ltd

ltd LawnSite Member

Thanks Mowingman, the price of 1534 fit to my budget. I plan to mutch so Does the machine give the yard a clean look ? If I want to wash it, which part of it need to stay away from water ?

7. Mowingman

from Texas

I think it give a very nice looking cut. I recommend that you just blow off the machine with a blower instead of washing it a lot. It won't hurt to wash it now and then though. Wait until the machine has cooled off after mowing, then wash with a garden hose, not with a pressure washer. After washing, crank up the engine and let it warm up, to drive out any water in nooks and crannys.

8. ltd

ltd LawnSite Member

Thanks again Mowingman. Good information to know.