1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Gravely 144z comments

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 2k1yzfr1, Sep 28, 2004.

1. 2k1yzfr1

2k1yzfr1 LawnSite Senior Member

Those with a 144z how do you like it?? How well do the mulch kits work? My dealer quoted me 4999 for a 144z with a 19 kawasaki......sounded like a smoking deal considering the comparable toro was almost $6500. I have had a 44" toro and a 44" exmark in the past and just sold my exmark at the first of the season to buy a 52". Now it's just getting old walking all these 48" gated back yards with a 36" mower.

JPLAWNSERVICE LawnSite Member

I sent you a private message.
  3. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

That sounds like one heck of a deal to me as well. Make sure you demo it first and let us know how you like it.

4. 2k1yzfr1

2k1yzfr1 LawnSite Senior Member

My dealer was telling me that for the 05's they are going back to a manual foot deck lift and the hydro would be extra. I looked at the smaller 44z that had the manual deck lift and it was way too close to the seat for comfort. Anyone with the 144z have the foot lift if so how's the leg room?? BTW I am 6'5"
  5. gargoyle7417

gargoyle7417 LawnSite Member

I have a 144z and the leg room is great I'm 6'. I wouldn't worry about ...why don't you go to the dealer and ask if you can take one out in the parking lot for a test run.