Gravely 148z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TMAC669, Jul 2, 2007.

1. TMAC669

TMAC669 LawnSite Member
    from N/A

I'm Replacing The Old Mtd 42" Garden Tractor With A Gravely 148z. Does Anyone Else Use This Machine? How Is The Cut? Are There Any Dislikes With This Machine?

2. jdramr4

jdramr4 LawnSite Member

Thats my main mower. It cuts great and fast. Alot of power from the 21 hp and the big tires are light on the turf.

3. TMAC669

TMAC669 LawnSite Member
    from N/A

I'm getting it at a cost of $4k plus tax. Mower has 226 hours on it. Do you think 4k is a fair price?

4. Jimmy Williams

Jimmy Williams LawnSite Member

We just added a 2007 48" XDZ about a month ago. We have been running the 260's for several years and really like them. The smaller 148 has plenty of power, cuts great and gets in some tight spots. The only drawback I see with it is that is a little cramped compared to the 260 (I'm a big guy). Make sure you get the fully adjustable seat, even if you have to order it and put it on. Depending on the year model the price of $4K is probably pretty good, a new one is going to run you about $6800. I guess I'm spoiled by the 200 series, but the 148 is an excellent machine and you will definitely like its performance. Good luck.

5. TMAC669

TMAC669 LawnSite Member
    from N/A

Picked Up My Gravely Last Week And It Is A Beast. The First Job I Used It On Was About A 1/2 Acre Of Tall Grass And It Cut It Down With No Problem Whatsoever. The Kawi 21 Is More Than Enough Power For What I'm Doing.