gravely 148z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Dig-it Landscaping, Nov 7, 2004.

1. Dig-it Landscaping

Dig-it Landscaping LawnSite Member

I wa wondering if there are any known problems with this mower. does anyone have one? how do you like it? how much do they normally cost? or any other info i should know before purchasing a new 148Z. thank you in advance for your help.

2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I don't know much about the Gravely mowers but from what i've heard from people on this site they are pretty good. We have a Woods mower that was made by Gravely. Sorry mower. Never have another one. but from what i've heard from other members and dealers the Gravely's are better mowers and that they didn't give Woods their exact machine. A Gravely would be worth looking into. They are probibly pretty good mowers.

3. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

i test drove one at expo, it was VERY nice. i would but one in a heartbeat. All of gravely's equipment is built rock solid, just take a look at one :waving:

4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Nice choice in a 48" ZTR. I just don't particularly like the 'oil filter re-locator' on the Kohler powered ones. I would opt for the Kawasaki....

5. Dig-it Landscaping

Dig-it Landscaping LawnSite Member

Thankyou for the replies i have looked at them and driven them and like them very much. they quoted me 6199.00 before tax. is this a good deal? that is without Eye-Q. it is brand new .2 hours on it. now all i need to do is sell my Gravely WB.

6. Joeatv

Joeatv LawnSite Member

Hello Dig-it;
    I purchased a Gravely 152z a couple months ago after demoing a few others. I maintain my 3 acres only. Machine is really well built & have had no problems. Cost was 6500.00. At the time I also got it on 12 months same as cash, no payments. Think I made a good purchase, very happy. Also grabbed mulching blades, cuts better.

Good luck.....Joe

7. JPLAWNSERVICE

JPLAWNSERVICE LawnSite Member

Hey, I have the 144z and I love it. It is built on the same frame as the 148, just with a 4 inch smaller deck. I have really been impressed with the build quality and cut quality is as good as the 52in. exmark turf tracer that I had before I got this. I added the suspension seat when I bought it and it is well worth the money.

8. Patrick.B

Patrick.B LawnSite Senior Member

i've got a pm144z gravely with a 17 hp kawasaiki ..i've bought it june of this year and got 170 hours on it now ...very good mower and very happy with it ,,,just make sure you set your roller when you buy it cause most zero gravely are set for high grass ,,,,i had to lower my rollers after a few time i cut with it cause didn't cut right ,,,,come to fine out the roller was set for high grass,,,anyway i pay $5.400 for it ,,,and wouldn't trade my mower for anything ,,thinking about getting a 152 next year cause i have two new customers got 8 to 10 arcea well good luck !