Gravely 150 36" ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bunton Guy, Sep 29, 2001.

1. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

How many of you guys have this mower. I just bought one used its in great shape it has a 12hp kohler on it. I got it for a great price, im putting a velke on it, gator blades and a Grass gobbler bagger. Do you guys have any tips with these mower. The grass shoot opening looks great does it really scatter those clippings ? its a 36" so I will finally be able to get into gates that my 48,61 cant get into. thanx guys. Is there any manufacturing problems I should replace ? I know scags have deck problems

2. Eng Mwr Guy

Eng Mwr Guy Gravely Manufacturer

The particular deck and model you describe has had very few problems. Some say it is the best striping deck on the market from the factory for a 36.

Some people have put larger wheels on it to go faster.

It should work well for you.

Barry
    Gravely Engineer

3. Bunton Guy

So if I do infact put larger tires on it . That will give me a bit more ground speed ?

4. Joe W.

Joe W. LawnSite Member

Got the same mower with a Kaw 12.5. Not even a burp from this mower. The deck adjustment is great for the one or two people who want their grass just a little shorter. Good luck with the Gators, they don't exist for this mower. Blades are not standard 18", 17" and 11/16. Have not tried to see if an 18" will fit. If someone has please let me know, the leaves are getting ready to fall.

5. Bunton Guy

So they dont make gator blades ? I was just getting ready to buy some. These blades look brand spanken new. They have that fresh cut metal look. With the fresh coat of black on them. I havent even asked yet how to change the deck. all I saw was a bunch of holes im not used to that.

6. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I also have the mower with a 12.5 kawi. In 6 years i havent had a single problem either. Very smooth cut and great discarging because of the oversized discharge area.

7. Eng Mwr Guy

Not sure where this post went either but yes you will get faster ground speed.

Barry Adamski
    Gravely/Ariens Engineer

8. GLM

GLM LawnSite Member

I have the same mower. I love it and would not trade it for another 36" out there. It stripes like nobodys bussiness and never leaves clumps. Great mower just keep the spindle bearings greased and they will last almost forever.

9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Bunton Guy wrote:
    So if I do infact put larger tires on it . That will give me a bit more ground speed ?

Changing from a 13" tire to a 15" tire on your Gravely will increase the speed from around 5.2 mph to over 6 mph. If you can retrofit one of the newer 9 spline trannys to it with the 15" tires the machine should go faster than 7 mph. The parts to retrofit the newer trannys to older Gravelys will be available from Gravely next year assuming they haven't changed the width of the new Gravelys.

10. Eng Mwr Guy

The width has changed.

The 9 spline is currently available from Gravely dealer now.

Barry