Gravely 152Z or 252Z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by griffy77, Apr 29, 2005.

1. griffy77

griffy77 LawnSite Member

Iam looking to get a ZRT and have been looking at the 152Z but there is a 252 that is a little larger. Is anybody here running either one of them? If so what is your experience with them? Is a 152 a better to get on to a trailer? Or is it better to get something a little beefer like the 252Z. I dont see many people that run Gravely, its mostly exmark and now Hustler is moving into the area. I know Hustler is awsome, but I have ran Gravely WB for several years and know what they can do and the price can not be beat by anybody. If you have a Gravely ZRT give me a shout out I would like to hear what you have to say about them.

Ford 2002
    Gravely 36" WB
    Gravely 48" WB
    Redmax trimmer
    Redmax blower

2. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

I have the 260. It is a really great machine. My dealer sucks rocks though. I went with the 260 over the 160 because as a pro I figure you can't over engineer one of these things. You and I both know that it will get put into service doing things it shouldn't from time to time. And with the tougher one it should be better able to handle it.

It weighs more, but that frame is tough. Personal choice. And it would depend on your usage and properties. I almost always overbuy for what I need but end up happy because I over use what I have.

3. Patrick.B

Patrick.B LawnSite Senior Member

Depend how much lawn you have to cut ...i'm sure which ever you will get You will be happy with .,,Good Luck

4. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I have a 260Z and love it. Haven't had any problems with it. I went with the 200 series because I wanted something that I was sure would be tough enough to handle commercial abuse.