Gravely 200 ztr

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sdgoes, Feb 10, 2000.

1. sdgoes

sdgoes LawnSite Member

I have a chance to pick up a Gravely 200 ztr with 430 hours for 3850. Is anyone using one of these. Is this a good price for the mower? <br>thanks,<br>Steve
  2. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I wouldnt but it! i own 2 of them is a gravely 300 series out front rider..... cuts like crap! it not only clumps in wet grass but even when the grass is damp or long. to get a lawn lookin nice id have to go over it the spring 3,4 or even 5 times. there built very tough and durable but the quality of cut is what matters....i finally got so disgusted with how bad it was cutting i bought a new toro z master this october....what a diffrence! never clumps even in the pooring rain....thats how a mower should be. in my apinion the two mowers with the 2 nicest cuts are toro/exmark and dixie choppers.
  3. One must remember that you don't have to buy<br>a new Toro ZTR or Groundsmaster to get a quaility cut. The 44, 52, and 62&quot; decks that<br>come with a new Toro ZTR or Groundsmasters are<br>the EXACT same decks that are on 15 year old<br>walk behinds you can buy for $500.<p>Plus it's easier to change the blades on the<br>walk behinds after 4 hours usage. All you<br>need is a $20 pair of steel car ramps.
  4. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I would not buy it. I got an Encore Z48 with 100 hrs. for $3000. All the negative post about Encore are crap. I think the ZTRs are great mowers.
  5. Retro67

Retro67 Banned

Evan528-<p>Do you like the new Toro SFS Deck on that Z? I have a mower with the SFS Deck.That's a pretty nice deck.&lt;p&gt; I prefer my fixed deck, but everyone has different tastes. I know one thing, that deep, fat fabricated deck leaves a nice finish cut. They try to say the advantage of stamped decks is that they can make the air flow better. Owning both, I say hogwash.&lt;p&gt;John
  6. A Toro SFS deck is a stamped deck.<p>Back in 1991 they were called wind tunnel<br>housing.<p>Retro PLEASE go back to your own forum if<br>you want to spread misinformation.
  7. lbmd1

lbmd1 LawnSite Senior Member

Larry,<br> I don't know if you've been down to a Toro dealer lately, but the super flow system deck on the new Toro Z Masters are not the same decks that are on 15 year old toro walk behinds.
  8. Retro67

Retro67 Banned

I realize the SFS is a stamped deck, I own one. I'm not speculating, I've got one. Maybe there is cause for a lawsuit, since they are misrepresenting their SFS deck as &quot;new&quot;. &lt;p&gt;I was referring to my Ferris having a fabricated deck. Maybe I wasn't clear enough for you. &lt;p&gt;John
  9. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

retro, i love the super flow deck on my toro ztr. as i said it cuts tremendously in wet grass and dry grass. i dont no exactly why they use a stamped deck but it is reinforced all the way around with very think steel. it was explained to me that toro has been using a stamped deck on all there golf course equipment and commercial equipment for many years and have had them really hold up. This is a great mower and i think the super flow deck cuts better than the lazer deck....i tried them both. i was sold really sold fast on the toro. the toro z master all the way around is a great mower thanx to exmark.
  10. Retro67

Retro67 Banned

Evan528-<p>I hear that often from those that use them. I have heard mixed reviews about the old Z's, but all good about the new Z's from those that own them.&lt;p&gt;John