Gravely 2005 Walk Behinds

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jtkplc, Mar 1, 2005.

1. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

Is Gravely offering a 36" or 34" hydro walkbehind for 2005? I'm looking for a 36" wb and I love my Gravely and the dealer support is good. If they don't have a 34 or 36 this year, what do you guys recommend, exmark?

2. AlpineNaturescapes

AlpineNaturescapes LawnSite Member

Just go to the Gravely site. If you're in the market for a hydro 36, I like Gravely's ProSteer the best - better than Exmark's ECS.

3. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Yes, Gravely has a 36", fixed deck, hydro walkbehind available. There are two versions. One with pistol grips, and one with Prosteer.

4. jtkplc

They redesigned the belt wb's for 2005, they kept the hydro's the same as last year for this year? Do the hydro's still have the J-pin adjustments available. Their website hasn't been fully updated for 2005 and my local dealer has not got the catalogs yet, that's the reason I'm asking.

5. jtkplc

On the site it shows the pro G in a 36" deck, it was my understanding that it was a 34" deck. I figured the site wasn't updated because the pic of the pro G isn't the picture of the 2005 that I saw in Turf Magazine.

6. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

All decks use the j pin adjustment system except for the new 34" deck machines.
    There is a delay in getting the 34" machines produced, so Gravely is making another run of the 32" walkbehinds. They should be at dealers in a week or two. The 34" machines that do not have the j pin system may not be available until early to mid summer.

7. jtkplc

Ok, thanks alot for the info. I really appreciate it.