Gravely 2352

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by graft, Nov 5, 2004.

1. graft

graft LawnSite Member

Any of you guys tried the Gravely 2352. I know it is a homeowner model, not commercial. It seems well built for a homeowner model. And it seems to be a good price for what you are getting. Any input would be great. Not too many posts in lawnsite.com about the Gravely 2352.

2. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I am a Gravely dealer. We have sold one of those this year. It seems pretty well built for a homeowner machine. The local police dept. bought the one we sold to mow their firing range. They are mowing about 4 acres/week with it. Have had no problems, or warranty issues with it after one full season.
    They are pretty rough on their mowers, but have not torn the 2352 up yet.
    We have sold a lot of the smaller version of this machine, the 1540. no problems with any of them either.

3. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Mowingman, is the decks on the Woods mid mount mowers the same as the decks on the Gravleys or are they different.

4. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I have not seen a Woods midmount. However, I was told by a person "in the know" at Gravely, that they do not let Woods have the same deck. Gravely does not want to give away all their secrets apparently.
    Their may also be other minor differences between the Gravely and Woods midmounts, but again, I have not seen the Woods machine.

5. Travis Followell

from KY

Yes there are a lot of differences. I have never seen a graveley mower but can tell you that without looking at one because that woods is built cheap. i has plastic idler pulleys whick I couldn't believe. Them things just fly apart. I have recently replaced with metal pulleys. The woods is a decent mower but its awfulabout leaving lots of stringers even with sharp blades and forget it if the grass is wet.

6. graft

graft LawnSite Member

I went to the local dealer, they have Exmark, Gravely, JD, etc., and he pointed me to the Gravely. I know how good the Exmark is, fine piece of machinery, but for +/-$1,000.00 less, I can get a Gravely with 4 more inches of deck (big deal), and more horsepower. I know the Exmark is a commercial mower, I was unsure the Gravely was as well built. The salesman sold me on it. I just want some other opinions.

7. Travis Followell

from KY

I'm sure the mower is built heavy enough for what you will be doing with it. if you like the mower be sure to demo it before you buy. If you demo and you like it and sounds like you would get a good deal then you should get it.

8. graft

graft LawnSite Member

Thanks for the advise. Lawnsite is wealth of information.