1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

gravely 260z,272z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by David Gretzmier, May 6, 2002.

1. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

has anyone tried this mower? my brother is thinking of getting the 25 horse kaw w/ the 60 or 72"deck. anybody heard about the durability, cut, speed of this rig? at $7500 for the 72" deck, and a local dealer, it sounds like a good deal. anyone? Dav eg
  2. yardboyltd

yardboyltd LawnSite Senior Member

I've only had my 260z, 25hp kohlyerfor 2 weeks

I demoed many models, and they're basically the same. I really like the hustler, but for the money, I couldn't beat this. I payed 6900 for mine. It's a well built machine and that's good, otherwise, I'd probably would have worn out nifty hydraulic deck lift because I use it so much.

Speed wise, it sidedischarges at full speed in typical grass height, beautifullly. The best stripes are obtained at full speed.
  3. Mid Rivers

Mid Rivers LawnSite Member

4. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

You can work very fast with these machines. The hydraulic deck lift means you can lift over stumps, rocks, etc in an emergency, and can usually lift the deck faster than you can stop the machine.

They are good machines with little trouble. I have a 60 Kohler, a 60 Kawasaki, and a 72 Kohler.

$7500 is really cheap for a 72 if it is new. The warranty is 2 years which is good.

I would really advise against a 72" with the Kohler 25HP. My 72" has the Kohler and it can be very underpowered at times, esp in thick grass and up hills. Get a 26efi or at least the Kawasaki on the 72"

Get the 60" unless you have a lot of big yards (2+ acres). You will do small yards in less time with the 60"

5. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

albe- how many hours have you got on your machines? my bro mike is looking at the kaw 25 and a 72" deck since he has two rigs w/ 60's already and he runs with two helpers. any problems with the mowers? is it true about the carbide coated blades staying sharp longer? Dav eg
  6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I have heard nothing but good about these machines, and from what I've SEEN of these machines in action, you really can't go wrong for the money. These babies really lay down a nice cut, and are built well. I was really up in the air between this and the Lazer, especially considering the price difference.