Gravely 260z hydraulic fluid change

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jake65, Jul 25, 2006.

1. jake65

jake65 LawnSite Member

anyone change their hydralic fluid on a gravely 260z? I am finding that removing the filter and plug on resevoir tank does not drain all that is needed to refill 4 qts. Its recommends adding 4 qts to replace. The manual just states to remove filter, let drain, and fill with 4 qts. i get one quart in there and resevoir is full. how do you drain the lines. Am i missing something?

Thanks

Jake

2. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

To be honest with you that is about all you are gonna get without purging the lines with air or something. Just make sure you put the mower on jackstands and move levers back and forth with wheels off the ground to bleed the system.

3. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

When I did mine in the spring I didn't get it all out. It's just not something you can get every last drop out of.

4. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

That is all you need to do, and don't forget to top off your new filter till brimming with new oil BEFORE installing so there is no air bubble or pocket in system. You don't have to jack up rear tire, you can also run it around house for 10-15 minute, and top off the resevoir again.