gravely 32' wb j-pin

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by True Harbor, Apr 6, 2006.

1. True Harbor

True Harbor LawnSite Member

Does anyone know where I can get this model that I've heard people talking about on here. It seems that they only have a 34' wb with pro steer but you have to unbolt the deck to change height in the rear. Why dont they have the j-pins on this model? I need to be able to get through gates so the 36' won't work. Thanks.

2. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Gravely stopped production of the 32" model, with "J" pins last year. Instead, they began building the 34" machine. The 34" machine used the same deck as the Gravely 34" commercial ZTR, and the "J" pin system would not work with that deck. As a dealer, we raised heck with Gravely about dropping the 32" machine, and so did many other dealers. Our factory rep., told us just this week, that production of the 32" machine is set to resume ASAP.
    Some dealers stocked up on the 32" machines, so check around and you may find one in a dealer's inventory. We brought in 10 last fall, and still have a few left. I would think the new run of 32" machines will be available to dealers in the next 4-6 weeks, but that is just a guess.
    We could ship you one, still in the crate, but shipping costs would probably make the price go higher than you would want to pay.
    Have your dealer ask the factory rep. to search the inventory in his territory for one. The rep can then do a transfer from one dealer to another and haul it to your dealer at no cost. At least, that is what our rep. does for us out here.

3. jd6323

jd6323 LawnSite Member

I got the last 32" at my local dealer and the guy I delt with seemed to think they're never coming back but I don't know how if he was just BSin or what.

4. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Gravely told us the 32" was gone for good, that is why we loaded up on them at our shop. your dealer is telling the truth. however, Gravely caught so much flack from dealers, the finally changed their mind. I bet we will also see a price change on the new run of 32" machines. so, it is good you got yours at the old prices.

5. True Harbor

True Harbor LawnSite Member

Sounds good I'd definately like the 32' with an easy adjusting deck. I would have bought the 34' if the j-pins were available but instead I just bought the 32' single hydro snapper which is a good machine but like everyone said on here its hard to handle on hills. The positives about it are the quick height adjustment and the instant reverse the steering isn't to much fun though.