1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Gravely 32 WB Pro G for trade in

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Pembroke, May 7, 2006.

1. Pembroke

Pembroke LawnSite Member
    from CT

Hello everyone, new to Lawnsite and I appreciate all the good info.

Here is my question. I'm about to trade in my 8 year old 14 HP hyrdrostatic Ariens tractor to the dealer I bought it from for a Gravely 32" Pro G belt drive walk behind. I just put in a new lawn so I've got stubble but it's coming in.

Can I expect a better cut with the WB and save time? I have about a half an acre. How about the learning curve? What do you think of the price:

$1900 with the trade. I will ask him to throw in a grass catcher.

The Ariens needs some work, I turned it on this spring and there was a long period of blue smoke coming out of the exhaust. The Gravley is about 2 years old and never been run. I know it is a discontinued model but I think anything bigger would be a waste of money and machine. It seems like an impressive mower. The dealer said it would be the last mower I would ever buy.

I appreciate your thoughts.
  2. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

The 32" Pro G is back in production with no changes from last year. Is it a Prosteer, or pistol grip? At our shop, we sell the pistol grip machine for $1900.00, and we sell the prosteer for $2250.00. Prices for the new 2006 models will be at least $200.00 higher on each machine.
  3. Pembroke

Pembroke LawnSite Member
    from CT

It is a pistol grip. Would the new units have any new features?