Gravely 34 inch Pro Stance feedback please

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GravelyWoman, Oct 24, 2011.

1. GravelyWoman

GravelyWoman LawnSite Member

Hi All-

Can anyone please give me some feedback on the performance of the 34 inch prostance? A dealer here in Alabama has a 2010 new model with 7.5 hours on it and is wanting to sell for a pretty good price.

Please and thanks!
    Gravely Woman

2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

I'm interested as well. What is the good price he is offering? I need to replace my Wright 36 this year and I have several gravely dealers here in Tampa.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. THIESSENS TLC

THIESSENS TLC LawnSite Senior Member

I actually just bought a 1934fx pro-stance. My first zts so you know what im going to say, its AWESOME! leaves a very nice cut with medium lift blades. weighs a ton (730lbs my 08 does anyways) has narrow tires that will leave nasty ruts in wet conditions...im sure most zt machines do. Mulches sweet! put the mulch kit on ($100) and tested it out in dry conditions. did 4 properties, and it was still clean underneath...looks like you bagged it. My mulch kit did not come with blades:confused:. maybe the dealer kept them. lol. mulched 8" wet grass....no good, it cut and mulched without boggin down, just wasn't the cleanest looking property when I was finished. Im sure you know what I mean.
    Anyways cant really think of anything else, any questions just ask! I'll do my best to answer. Fits through a standard 36" gate with ease.

4. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Narrow rears and rutting seem to be common to standers. First mod I made to my Wright.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. GravelyWoman

Thanks for all of the feedback!! The dealer that is handling the details for bringing the machine down here wants $4700.00 and that is "out the door." Any ideas on is this good or bad... or "run like he.."

Gravely W.

6. StihlMechanic

StihlMechanic LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats seems to be a good deal. I am not a gravely fan (repaired them for years) but considering its the only 34 inch stander on the market, I would love to have one.

7. THIESSENS TLC

THIESSENS TLC LawnSite Senior Member

I would have to say thats a good price considering mine is a 2008 that cost $3500 with 28.5hrshttp://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=232533&stc=1&d=1319525894http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=232534&stc=1&d=1319525949http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=232535&stc=1&d=1319525995 Excellent Machine imo. I know I cant compare it to any other zt, but I've been around equipment all my life, and I know a good piece when I use one!

036.jpg

037.jpg

038.jpg

8. GravelyWoman

Thanks so much for the pics and reply. I feel better about the purchase now!
    I know a lot the people on this site do not like Gravely, but I have loved my mower and have had very little issues with the mower itself. My ZT has the mulch kit installed as well and you are correct, it looks like I have bagged everything, except pinestraw, when I get done! It does not mulch pinestraw well. I will be addressing that issue next!!

Have a great day!

Gravely Woman

9. Hangtastic

Hangtastic LawnSite Member

I would say that price is high, the 48 inch model can be had for 4200 brand new.
    You may also want to check with Great Dane dealers on prices since the Gravelys are made by Great Dane and they sell the same mowers with different model numbers. GSRKA1934S is the 34 inch fixed deck model number for the Great Dane.

10. NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I would think you can put wider rims/tires on to match the width of the deck, as long as the wider rims and wider from the hub face outwards, don't look like any room otherwise. My dealer has one here a 2010 model demo unit with 1 hour on it and have been really keeping my eye on it, looks like a real versatile machine, any more ideas or suggestions on this 34" Stander machine?