gravely 34z commercial

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by True Harbor, May 7, 2006.

1. True Harbor

True Harbor LawnSite Member

theres one for sale with 150 hours on it that was used mostly for personal use. Its a 2004 model and I'm going to check it out tomorrow. Hes asking $2750. Does this sound reasonable and can you guys give me any feedback on it. Thanks

2. jcthorne

jcthorne LawnSite Member

It's ok for a second or third mower but it just wasn't for me. Will not handle any slope at all.......you can forget about putting mulching blades on it and getting a good cut.......the front wheels are to far in front of the deck therefore more weedeater work.

I assume your using it for getting in backyards with small gates. Personally it's not worth the price of a cheap 36 walk behind.

3. BBQBLiTZ

BBQBLiTZ LawnSite Member

4. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I've seen one up close and it looked downright silly.

5. BBQBLiTZ

BBQBLiTZ LawnSite Member

You talking about the HVZ 2350 Zoom?

6. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

No the Gravely 34

7. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

8. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Most everyone who who has one, really like the little 34Z commercial machine. Do a search here and you will se a lot of good comments. We have sold a bunch at our store, and most folks have installed the mulch kit, with good results. Be sure and use the mulch blades with the kit, not the standard hi-lift blades.

9. BBQBLiTZ

BBQBLiTZ LawnSite Member

23 HP Kohler Courage is crap? Care to explain?

10. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

It's just HIS opinion - there are thousands of them on this websight.

My ZD21 has taken a verbal beating often from gas engine owners. But like I said...........opinions.:usflag: