Gravely 34z or 44z on Bermuda?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by brucec32, Sep 25, 2004.

1. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I'd like to hear from anyone who has experience using the Gravely 34z or 44z mowers on small/med hybrid Bermudagrass lawns mowed at 2-3". Mulching is what I'd be doing with one, using my larger ztr for Fescue and wide area mowing.

2. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I have a mowing business, and also have a Dealership that sells Gravely. We mow Bermuda and St. Augustine in this area. Have sold a bunch of the 34 and 44 Gravelys this season. The buyers are all commercial operators, and are very happy with them. I have used each machine on my own properties, and was amazed at how well they cut, even in very heavy, overgrown conditions. Only one purchaser, (he has the 34), bought the mulch kit. He really likes the results. THe other folks are just side discharging with theirs.
    When I get my Walker sold, I will be replacing it with a Gravely 44Z, equiped with a mulch kit. I do not need the collecting capabilities of the Walker anymore.
    See if you can get a demo machine from your dealer. I think you will like the results.