GRAVELY 34z or GRAVELY 44"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RedWingsDet, Jun 12, 2004.

1. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

Well as some of you know, I was going to buy a Ferris is1000z 52". but i have come to the conclusion that it would be overkill for my props.

so now its between a 34z or PM144z. i notice that the 44 has more options and a bigger engine. what would you guys think? most of my lawns are small, real small, however i have a few that are large. so im thinking that the 44 would be ideal. any input would be great. thank ya!

2. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

and ive also noticed on the 44" you can get a "Double Blade Maimum Productivity Kit" with it!!!

3. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

" Most of my lots are small, Real small"
    Buy a Velke for the WB and save a ton of money. Why do you want a Z when you already are set up for small properties.

4. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

PM lawn has a good point.If your gravley 36 doesn't have a sulky/velke then upgrade it. $250 or less and you will be atleast 20% faster, but more importanly a lot less fatigued at the end of the day.

I just bought a pm 260, love it. But I have a 4+ acre ditch to mow and some .6+ acre properties. Riding is great, but saving money is much better.

to me the 34Z is a waste, you already have a larger cut on the 36 and it isn't much faster or much more efficient unless you have a really old 36.

5. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Go with the 144z. I love the machine. It would be fine on your properties. My biggest job is one acre..It takes us 38 minutes and we are in and out. dont waste your money on the 34z, you will just want to upgrade it once you get it.

Trevor

Mark, I will call you about the 48. Time to wheel and deal

trevor

6. gr8cutter

gr8cutter LawnSite Member

You can not beat a 34Z if you need to get through a 36 inch gate. We used WB for years and would not trade our Z.