Gravely 34z/Troybilt 33" cut

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by afftandem, Jan 17, 2005.

1. afftandem

afftandem LawnSite Member

Still cant make up my mind.. rather than getting a wb, im thinking of the 32" wright stander or gravely's 34z.... Both will fit through the gates. I wanted to save a couple thousand, but productivity is so much better with either one of these I believe. Also, less fatigue for me. Only thing, I was thinking the geardriven wb maybe good to do hills and slopey yards. Im leaning strongly towards the gravely.

Does anyone have any experience with gravelys 34z??

Has anyone used troybilts 33" mower.. would this be good for slopes/hills??

How well does troybilts 33" mulch? dbl or single blade??

Are there advantages (other than money) over buying a walk behind than 34z?

would you buy the wright stander over the gravely and why??

IMO I believe the 34z would be more productive than the 32" stander.. plus i like the idea of changing deck heights with no problem.. the 34z is also a little cheaper than the stander. It appears that it would go anywhere the stander would go also... .anyplace it wouldnt would need a 21" cut or a tbilt 33"

2. moremowing4me

moremowing4me LawnSite Member
    from S.C.

if you need something for slopes then dont get the 34z. I have one and love it but it doesnt handle slopes well.

3. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I'd go with the 34z because its cheaper than the stander and you don't have to stand up on it. I've heard bad things about those Troy Bilt walk behinds.

4. DSIM

DSIM LawnSite Senior Member

Troy-built is for homeowners. They are junk imo.

5. cward

cward LawnSite Member

Definately the 34Z. Love mine to death. However, I'm thinking a good WB is just as effective as the 34Z. I'm considering trading the 34Z for a bigger ztr and keeping the small WB for the gated yards.

6. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

The Troybilts will work you to death......you have to manually turn them.......

Derek

7. bntt68

bntt68 LawnSite Senior Member

Take a look at the Billy Goat 33" or the Quick 36". They are both solid units for the price.

8. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd be leaning toward the Stander.

9. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I speak from expirence when I say DO NOT get a Troy Built 33"

10. afftandem

afftandem LawnSite Member

you talked me out of the troy bilt....... how bout the stander over the gravely??? how do the standers work on hills, and do you think the 32 would work as well as the bigger ones?