Gravely 34z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 1whitetail, May 12, 2010.

1. 1whitetail

1whitetail LawnSite Member
    from florida

I am considering a used Gravely 34z. Is there anything specific that I should look for when going to see one (problem areas or areas of weakness). I would also like to know how much would a used one in your area go for and also what should be the most hours to consider. I don't want to buy a used one and inherit someone else's problems but I am not in a position to purchase a new one at this time. With proper maintenance what is usually the life expectancy of the machine, how many hours have you logged on your Gravely before needing costly repairs. Thank you, and sorry for all of the questions. I am just concerned because this will be the first piece of equipment that I consider purchasing used. :confused:

2. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

There is one in the orlando Cl for 2000.

3. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

Mine has around 600 hours and nothing major replaced. I don't think I've replaced anything.

4. Crazyjake51

Crazyjake51 LawnSite Member

My Brother has a Gravely. (He dose not take care of his equipment the way I would) and his runs perfect. What I am impressed with the Gravely is how nice it cuts at a fast speed.
    Crazy Jake

5. 1whitetail

from florida

Thanks guys for your replies.

6. T.Brandon

T.Brandon LawnSite Senior Member

Bought mine 3 weeks ago, and I love it! It has plenty of power and a very good cut!

7. 1whitetail

from florida

Good to hear. The local dealers have also mentioned how good they cut, which is important to me. :clapping:

8. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

You have to keep the deck clean on the 34Z!

9. T.Brandon

T.Brandon LawnSite Senior Member

Only problem with mine is the mulch kit it tends to clog at times, I think Im going to give fluid film a shot