Gravely 34z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rlc321, Jul 15, 2004.

1. rlc321

rlc321 LawnSite Member

I have had my 34z for 3 weeks now and love it. Mulch kit works great. Most of my lawns are 1/4 acre or less with quite a few things to mow around and fences. One lawn I cut has a 12 to 15 degree slope to it and I have no problems.
    Ron

front 34z.jpg

2. rlc321

rlc321 LawnSite Member

Here is a pic of the mulch kit it works great well worth the $ 85.

mulch kit.jpg

3. rlc321

rlc321 LawnSite Member

Here is a pic of the rear of 34z

rear of 34z.jpg

4. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

that thing looks pritty cool

5. blair smock

blair smock LawnSite Member
    from OHIO

Hi guy, I have been thinking about buying one as a backup mower and for use in some tight areas. What do you think about for Cemetary work? inbetween stones etc?

Also, it is sort of hard to see, do you have enough to trim with on the side of the deck?

Do you feel it is underpowered?

If you dont mind what did you end up paying?

Thanks for your time!!!!!

6. rlc321

rlc321 LawnSite Member

I think it would be great in between the stones. It has power to spare and yes i use it to trim have to be careful with it when you are on a slope next to a fence. I paid $3999.00 plus $85 for the mulch kit.

7. SouthernFried

SouthernFried LawnSite Senior Member

Wow...I just looked at that unit today when I got my t260 out of the shop. I was gonna create a thread asking what people thought about it.

I don't do large accounts, completely residential (tho, some of my residentials are acreage), and my main reason for not buying a ztr rider, is I couldn't get them through the back gates.

When I saw this smaller ztr unit, I thought..."wow, this is almost exactly the unit I been looking for."

They quoted me the exact same price you got it for, $3,999.00.

My only concern, is weight and eveness of cut...and mebbe going over curbs and such. Ideally, I woulda wanted a 36"...but, losing 2" prolly ain't that big a deal...if I can make up for it with comfort and speed.

Did you have a WB before this? I have a 36" Gravely WB I use a 2-wheel sulky on...how would it compare? Faster? As easy to see what's in front of you? More or less maneuverable on smaller jobs? Do you use it on smaller residential lots?

What are the disadvantages?

It looks like a sweet machine to me...almost bought it today, but I've learned to step back from most buying decisions for a day or so...and "compose" myself first. :)

8. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Every 17 swathes you would have to cut one extra with a 2" difference from 36", or something like that, so I doubt it'd be a factor at all on the type lawns you'd expect to use a small rider on.

btw, there is a 44z, its bigger brother, on sale on ebay for $4800 or thereabouts, including delivery to anywhere.

9. firekilr2

firekilr2 LawnSite Member

I have a 34z and it works ok. Problems with the throttle/choke combo. Did hear new ones are fixed though. Should be a recall item I think but its not. Other than that works good on my small stuff. Paid 3700.00 at russo in chicago.

10. FFEMT

FFEMT LawnSite Member

I have the 44z and my buddy I cut with has the 34z...

He cuts the back and I cut the front...

He can squeeze thru all of those back gates..

He did have the problem with the choke lever...They are all supposed to be corrected on the newer models..

I am more than pleased with my 44z...

Here is a pic....

gravely 44z.jpg