Gravely 36" Pro Walk - Deck Belt -

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by PicturePerfectLawns, Jun 29, 2014.

1. LibertyFarmLandscaping

LibertyFarmLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE TX

It's 90 days for belts on the Gravely ztr's not sure if its the same for wb.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. southerntide

southerntide LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Alabama

That's friggen ridiculous :confused:

3. DXN1EL

DXN1EL LawnSite Senior Member
    from TEXAS

Measure the belt. Got to O'reily they sell Gates belts made just for mowers. Tractor Supply has Kevlar brand Kevlar corded belts.
    "Industrial" Heavy Duty" belt work but those are designed for air compressor duty type of thing. so they won't last that long.

4. PicturePerfectLawns

PicturePerfectLawns LawnSite Gold Member

I went ahead and drove down to the Mom and Pop store that sells has two gravely mowers in stock in a little small texas town, and somehow they happen to have one in stock, but none of the HUGE dealers here in Austin have one. Just doesn't make sense. Needed another part this afternoon, go figure they don't have it either. Looks like I'm just going to start ordering EVERYTHING online instead of wasting my time calling around.

5. southerntide

Male, from Alabama

What other part do you need? Your not even at 40 hours yet are you?

I am near 50 on my new Deere already in 20 days and this mower has cut my job times down anywhere from 25 to 40% than my old gravely was doing.

Btw my motor is being prepped now, got seal damage what I thought might be trans leak is just a mixture of gunk and oil.

Looks like it just needs seals valves are still good, cylinders check out, RPM's holding, multiple seal failures though, poor shop maintenance and me not noticing. I got it sitting at a good shop now down the road guy is a whiz on everything, will be working on it some when I am not mowing.

Also pulling out of storage and loading it to shop felt like a horse and carriage compared to new Deere's ride even without suspension seat omg it sucks can't believe rode 1700 hours on it lol.

6. PicturePerfectLawns

PicturePerfectLawns LawnSite Gold Member

What kind of Deere did you get? I've been looking ant the Standers, I think that will be my next rig. Deere has a nice new stander don't they? As for the other part, I needed a simple tensioner spring for my back-up. My 36 wouldn't fit neither. It kills me the dealer sells all these machines and can't stock the cheapest parts. I can understand a few high dollar parts they don't want to keep in inventory, but when you only sell two brand of machines and can't keep the cheapest, smallest, and most common parts in stock, then it's time for a change. I think I need to go in the parts business. :hammerhead: I stocked up on everything this year from several spools of trimmer line, 24 quarts of amsoil, fuel filters, air filters, and spark plugs for all the handhelds. Next year I will be doing the same with everything for the mowers from belts to filters and so forth.

7. southerntide

Male, from Alabama

920M 48"
    http://www.deere.com/wps/dcom/en_US...rs/ztrak_z900m_series/z920m_48/z920m_48.page?

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=426573

Gravely makes the Deere stander a lot of it anyways

8. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Wright makes the Deere stander. Deere added something like 100 improvements

Wright has patent for operator placement
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. southerntide

Male, from Alabama

Gravely did at some point did they not? I thought that was coming later from wright but you can obviously tell looking at them compared to a Wright looking at picture on the site.

My dealer carries 0 standers I have never seen 1 stander ever around here just not the place to use them, small yards are 1 acre here.

10. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Not sure on gravely. Grand stands are extremely popular here. Even up on 5-6 acres

Grandstands and lazers are all you see
    Posted via Mobile Device