Gravely 36" walk behind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tomk123, Nov 10, 2003.

1. tomk123

tomk123 LawnSite Member

Anybody use Gravely mowers? I'm in the market for a 36" gear drive w/b and recently saw a Gravely 36", 5 speed, 13hp v-twin (?) for $2200. wanted to get some opinions on the equipment. I'm also looking at the Exmark metro but still doing research.
    Thanks, Thomas

2. GrassBlaster

GrassBlaster LawnSite Member

I don't currently have one, but this is what I'm going to purchase when I do get one. I base this on the Gravely ZTR I currently have. I have gotten excellent service from both my mower and my dealer.

From what I have seen, they are a good mower

3. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

tomk123 i have a gravely 1336 pro w/b with the nice controls (dont like pistil grips) so far it has been goog to me this season built like a tank and easy to maintain

4. thill

thill LawnSite Member

I demoed the 36 WB with Pro steer control today.... loved it.

5. stevo22

stevo22 LawnSite Senior Member

i've got the 1336 prosteer...the newer controls took a few hrs to get used to...bumped a few things in the process...selling points for me were the fuel filter, 6.6 gal tank, easy deck adjustment (unlike the castor/washer crap), faster ground speed...i also have the 13 twin kaw...i weigh 225 and it pulls me fine on the jungle wheels...i bought the double kit...i'd say for 2200 get it...i paid i think 2649 plus the sulky and double kit and tax for 3150...

6. tomk123

tomk123 LawnSite Member

thanks for the info guys