Gravely 44"z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by John Gamba, Sep 17, 2006.

1. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Does anybody know if the 44" deck on the gravely 44Z is the 5.4" deep deck like on the walk behinds.

Thanks John

2. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

It was a couple yrs ago

3. John Gamba

from ct

Thanks Mac. i have a 48" 5.4" deep deck now on a walk behind, it does very good in the taller thicker stuff. I need to see one but thats not easy in my area.:waving:

4. noseha

noseha LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

I Have A 44z It's :cool2: YES !!IT AS DEEP AS MY 260.WITH IN 1/4''

5. John Gamba

from ct

Do you have a rutting problem with the 800+ pounds on the smaller tires?? how does it cut in the wet??

Thanks John

6. noseha

from MI

I Use Mine For Back Up/trim/ 2nd And I Think They Shine In Gate/tight Area And Cemetery For A Smaller 5'-3'' Or Female. You Can Turn Them Around In A Trailer 6'-5'' They Mow Grass Great But Buck Tail, I Can't Mow ''Them Bastards '' I'm Going To Try A Higher Lift Balde ! I Haven't Tryed The 2x Blade Kit Yet! They Don't Mow Incline/hills They Don't Do Good Here! I Like To Change Blades About Every 25-30 Hours Once A Week /sundays

7. John Gamba

from ct

Thank you:waving:

8. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

As a Gravely dealer, I might add a little here. As stated before, it does have the deep commercial deck. It is a great little machine with lots of power and a good cut. It will not handle hills well at all. This is due to the narrow wheelbase it shares with it's little brother, the commercial 34Z. Outside of the hillside handling issue, we have not had one bad comment from any of our customers who have purchased them.

9. John Gamba

from ct

Thank you:waving:

10. noseha

from MI

:p they make a 144z, i'm thinking of selling mine for a new ride!