Gravely 44Z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by John Gamba, Nov 17, 2007.

1. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

How are they holding up? Any rutting problems??

Thanks John

2. avnorm

avnorm LawnSite Member

Well, what do you mean by rutting problems? Mine is a he-mower and with the fall-time rut passing, and no she -mowers around, its kinda lonely for him.

3. troblandscape

troblandscape Guest

Oh Yeah:hammerhead:

4. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

I have been running mine since 2004 I believe rutting can be avoided by changing your pattern every time or every other time you mow. The machine has held up very well mine only has about 500 hours on it but still runs/cuts like new.

5. Skyking

Skyking LawnSite Member

This is true cange your pattern, mine is a 144Z has almost 1400 hours and no real problums, just bought a 144 XZD, pick it up monday.

6. John Gamba

from ct

Glad your happy with the mower.it looks like a nice well made mower.

7. John Gamba

from ct

Let us know how you like the new deck. pics would be nice:)

8. John Gamba

from ct

Lawnman

Can you measure the distance from the seat part of the seat to the ground. what i'm looking for is a measurement from where you butt sits on the seat to the ground.It will be where the white line is on the seat just above the 44z .

I need to see how high my head is if i was sitting on one. i dont really have anymore dealers here around me. even if i did i dont think they would Carry it.

john

44z7seat.jpg

9. pyromedic

pyromedic LawnSite Member
    from Texas

I have had my 144XDZ for a month or so and have been very impressed the unit overall. I have had some issues with build up under the deck and have tried double bladed with some success but blowout like crazy. I dropped the deck a 1/4 and it helped when I went back to the single stock blades. The unit is very responsive and holds hills very well, taking a bit to get used to on the sticks, I am coming off a worn out Shivvers/Snapper joystick. No yard tear but also no 10MPH on the straight aways. I only have 11 hrs so it will be next spring before I get any time on the unit to see how great it really can be.

Be safe.

10. pyromedic

pyromedic LawnSite Member
    from Texas

I measured 32" exactly to the top of the seat, my gives a bit with the suspension but it is a taller than your average ZTR, takes a bit to get used.

Be safe.