Gravely 460 baffle settings & some pics of stripes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Erik1981, May 24, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Erik1981

Erik1981 LawnSite Member
    from MN

It is a lot of oil, I had my dealer change mine before the season started because it looked like a pain in the azz plus I figured I would make a big mess. That oil can be spendy as well... I actually have a commercial account with Amsoil and can get the oil cheaper than my dealer's cost so they let me order the oil to save me a few bucks. I think retail was something like $15/qt and my cost was less than $7/qt shipped.

2. JDGlandscape

JDGlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone have a link of where to get the high lift notched eex mark blades you speak of? I'm not cool enough to be in the XF-2 crew, but i'd think its the same blade As the XF-1.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Erik1981

Erik1981 LawnSite Member
    from MN

For the 60" deck they are an Oregon 91-264 or better known as the Ex-mark blade. I had my dealer order me a set to try the other day

4. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

At least you're cool enough to be on the 460 crew;). I'm not even that cool yet:(. I may look at doing something about that this week.

5. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

6. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Same Oregon's go on the 260 as well?
    I may order a set, as a backup set and possibly my primary set if they work even better than the stock blades.

I am REALLY looking forward to running a half day tomorrow with no baffles on. Will see how it goes (don't worry spending time in the AM at a Memorial Day parade and ceremony - God Bless you Vets living and gone)

7. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Yeah gravely uses the same blade on the 160,260 and 460. 20 1/2" and 5/8 center hole.

8. gravelyman50

gravelyman50 LawnSite Member

After reading this post I ordered me some Oregon 91-264 hi lift blades for my gravely pro turn 260 with the XF1 deck (2009 model) The first thing I noticed while bolting them to the spindles is that they sit up higher in the deck than the oem blades by about 1/4". When mowing I noticed a difference immediately, as I pay close attention to Quality of Cut. Don't get me wrong, the x factor is a great cutting deck, even with the oem blades, but after I put the notched high lifts on it almost became a different mower. The discharge is extended slightly, mowing limp or thin grass became so much better, virtually no straglers even of the thinnest lawns. I used to always slow down over the limp grasses to get the best cut possible but now I can easily travel 2 mph faster and get a better cut. The blowout of the front of the deck is much less (maybe because the blades sit up higher in the deck). The discharge pattern is pretty much the same as the oem blades, just a little further out. And also, theses blades are much thinner than the oem blades, so when you engage they get spooled up much faster. The size of the clippings is pretty much the same as the oem blades.

9. southerntide

southerntide LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Alabama

10. gravelyman50

gravelyman50 LawnSite Member

I have tried those blades. They are very good blades, but I still believe the cut is better with the exmark notched blade. I will do another update after I mow another week (70 accounts) with the notched blades.