Gravely 472 Demo

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by puppypaws, Jul 10, 2013.

1. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Keep us up to date. My 452 has the 5400 transmissions and I have not heard of any recalls or service bulletins. A lot of machines now are using these as well.

2. g8tor38

g8tor38 LawnSite Member

I paid 10,499 for my 472 prior to the chrome rims, trailer hitch and light kit.

3. g8tor38

g8tor38 LawnSite Member

will do GMLC. I have pics to post of my 472 with chrome wheels, light kit and trailer hitch but don't know how. Any help would be appreciated.

4. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

If you have the pics on your computer, when you go to make a post, click on the paperclip icon above where you type. That will open a window that allows you to attach photo's from your computer. After you have seleted you pics, scroll all the way to the right (for many of us this means scrolling to the right of what shows in the little pop up window) and click on upload. The pics will appear in your post. You can check it prior to posting by selecting "preview post".

5. weaver

weaver LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you have any updates or did you find a particular way to set your deck up that you like?

6. LibertyFarmLandscaping

LibertyFarmLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE TX

Retro says he hasn't heard anything about a hydro recall, but he will call Tues to find out.

7. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

My Outlaw has the ZT 5400 and my new Exmark ZT 3400. Now the Outlaw is a 13 mph mower and it does not climb well they feel spongy, in fact I can climb ok as long as I do not try to go fast the more I push the sticks the more it slows.
    Now my 9mph Exmark with the zt 3400 will go straight up and down with no downhill wiggle, and very snappy responsive. Probably the smoothest transmission since the Gemini came out in the Grasshopper.

Have you noticed and spongyness on your Gravely or is it just a 10 mph mower?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  8. GMLC

My Gravely is also rated at 13 mph. I have not noticed sponginess. Mine are super responsive and silky smooth. I climb some crazy hills and find the 5400's very powerful. Have you done your first trans service due at 70 hours? Also check the engine rpm's. Doesn't sound normal so you may want your dealer to take a look.

9. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

Believe me when I tell you this is not MJB's first rodeo...

10. GMLC

Did I say it was?

Sounds like he has something wrong. I have operated several machines with 5400's without sponginess.