1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Gravely 472 Demo

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by puppypaws, Jul 10, 2013.

1. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

I feel the same way about the zt3400 so smooth and responsive.
  2. LibertyFarmLandscaping

LibertyFarmLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE TX

Text reply from Retro:

There was some 5400,s recalled. Gravely hasnt got serial numbers yet and didnt know anything about it, but I did get some on the badboys friday.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

I received 6 serial numbers from bad boy to replace the pumps. On a couple of units it was just one side. Doesnt seem to be a big recall or I woulda got alot more serial numbers.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

What was the recall for though, if you know? I mean, the entire pump, something in particular, or what exactly was wrong that got their attention? Thanks.
  5. WilsonBoud

WilsonBoud LawnSite Member

Well, with the recent posts about a possible ZT5400 recall issue, and the fact that my Cheetah uses ZT5400's, I called my Scag dealer moments ago.

In speaking to Keith at McGyvers, he seemed to be well versed on the ZT5400 issue, and assured me (thus far) that this ZT5400 issue did not pertain to ZT5400 units used by Scag......

I look forward to reading and learning more about these ZT5400 issues.

:usflag: *trucewhiteflag* :usflag:
  6. retrodog

Posted via Mobile Device
  7. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

Can you post the serial numbers so we can check them?
  8. retrodog

Here you go brotha.... I don't think this is released by all manufacturers yet, hope this isn't illegal or anything...lol. But a recall is a recall. I believe anyone with 5400's in this date range should check to see if they need to be replaced...

9. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

10. g8tor38

g8tor38 LawnSite Member

I got the call friday that my new hydros were in to replace the ones recalled on my 5 hour 472 and that I could drop the mower off to them any time, so I will take it in Monday. I went to mow the yard this evening and my right hydro locked up and I almost hit the wifes car, not good. Can anyone tell me if there is a release to free the hydros when not under power so I can load the thing up. Thanks