1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Gravely 472 Demo

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by puppypaws, Jul 10, 2013.

1. greenology

greenology LawnSite Senior Member

The longer wheelbase & extra weight is no match for the 4 wheel independent susp, I can now account for this. But as goes for most, there's no point having it if you don't need it.

2. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I know they are two different decks, but I used the G6's with my MOD deck yesterday in very wet conditions with no clumping at all, and a clean cut, so maybe they will work out well for you under the 72".

3. greenology

Oh yea & DAM that's a lot of rain! You might soon need to give up farming & cutting your lawns for building your own Noah's Ark!

4. greenology

Im inclined to agree with your theory of heavy makes for a better ride in the ZTR world!

As for dirt bikes, I've done my fair share of dirt bike riding & on one of those things there's no such thing as bumps! way too much suspension to get a rough ride. I understood your reason for the speed hump example, but to give you an idea of the suspension on a dirt bike, Im 99% sure I could hit a speed bump at 60mph without barely leaving the ground, only saying that to emphasise how much suspension travel there is. reallyslowly goes off in his own tangent sometimes with his little theories and comparisons.

5. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

Them gator blades was a hot item for me I sold a lot them to ppl Now only sold 5 sets in pass 2 years 2 sets was the G6 this year and I ask how will they work from guys runs them. They told they had a ok cut in wet grass but the discharge was down on there decks
    One was a 61'' scag
    One was 72'' Exmark

I wont waste my money on them My rolled lift blades has the best cut best discharge on my mowers

6. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I agree on the rolled high lifts as being best most of the time (if you can find them for your machine), but for certian weeds we have here like buckhorn plantain, they G6's really shred the stalks up good compared to the rolled sail blades.

The reason I mentioned them to mag360 is that they are about the only blades I can find for the 72" Gravely that have a higher lift than the stock blades.

7. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

I see a much nicer, wider rear track on the hustler - that really helps with scalping and terracing and makes the stripes look nicer.

The lower rops height on the gravely is a huge help for most jobs.

8. JJRB

JJRB LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

You know you can take the rops off right?

9. camobrute

camobrute LawnSite Member

:nono:

Unless it is only you on that machine, that is too much of a liability.

10. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I see rules for ROPS changing. Far too easy to damage property and kill yourself with them on!