Gravely 48" 2006 model walkbehind prosteer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by moremow, Jan 24, 2007.

1. moremow

moremow LawnSite Member
    from roanoke

A dealer offered to sell me a 48" gravely prosteer walkbehind today. Same one he had about a month ago. It is the 17hp Kaw. motor on it. It has about 30 hours on it as a demo. I spoke of this mower before on Lawnsite a short time ago. Has anyone mowed with this machine before? Was wondering how it performed and how the 17hp Kaw did with it. The dealer is about 8 minutes from my house so it is very convenient. Just would like some input from you folks on here about the machine. I have taken it around on the parking lot but of course no grass to cut with it now of course. Controls are easy to adjust to though,very user friendly. Would appreciate it if you would let me know what you have on this mower as far as field testing or personal experience. I can get it for a little under $4000 bucks. I might even get him to throw in a Velke. Thanks
  2. sensor419

sensor419 LawnSite Member

I have the 48/15 belt drive (same mower except for the drive sys and engine). It cuts very well. If the mower is in very good condition that is a good price. Mine cuts very well.