Gravely 48 hydro WB with 17 KAW

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lakesidecutter, Jun 29, 2007.

1. lakesidecutter

lakesidecutter LawnSite Member

Is anyone using these? How is the cut compared to the other brands? I am seeing them more and more in my area. Thanks.

2. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I do not run one of these machines but a few local lco's run the gravely hydro's. From what I have heard, they are a good machine. (I have not heard to many bad things about Gravely as a company in general.) Hope this helps!

3. moremow

moremow LawnSite Member
    from roanoke

I bought a gravely 48" walkbehind 17 hp with the floating deck this spring. I use the pistol grip model. It mows great and has plenty of power even in taller grass. The pistol grips will make your hands a little sore but that will wear off within the first couple of weeks. I would go with the 48" deck at least if you have medium to large yards. There are a few places this year i could not negotiate even the deck was bigger than 48". Plus there isnt that much of a difference between the 48" and the 52" as far as production is concerned. For residentials I think it is perfect and I mow some larger yards with it to. I would invest in a good pair of shoes such as "lawngrips" etc. because the arches of your feet will get tender when you hit pot holes with the velke.