gravely 48 wb

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by plateau lawn care, Jan 18, 2005.

1. plateau lawn care

plateau lawn care LawnSite Member
    from georgia

I just talked to my dealer and he said gravely wont be making anymore 48 wb has anyone else heard this. Also does anyone have a 2004 model and how do they like it. Does it do good with a mulch kit with 17hp engine. My dealer has one left i thought about buying

2. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

what is the model number? gravely makes a light commercial and a heavier commercial in the WB's I think.

for the right money I'll bet you'll be happy. gravely is very popular here.

GEO :)

3. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Gravely has not quit making the 48" WB. It is avail. in a belt drive, or in a hydro drive model. Also, the belt drive is avail. with pistol grips, or with Prosteer. They are listed in my 2005 Gravely order book, and your dealer can order one anytime he wants to.
    We sold some 48", Prosteer, belt drive machines this past year. The guys who bought them say they are very productive machines. Two of the purchasers use mulch kits and say they mulch very well. one guy is also using a sulkie behind his. They are mowing Bermuda and St. Augustine grass wih them. If your dealer can not get you one, let me know, and we can sell you one we have here on the floor, at last season's price. I will even buy you lunch when you come to pick it up. :D :D

4. plateau lawn care

from georgia

Thanks mowing man but texas is a bit of a drive for me. The one he has is a hydro with 17hp and electric start for 4700 bucks. I have a 36 pro g its great i just wanted a bigger one and a hydro.

5. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

Is that 17, hydro and a floating deck?

6. plateau lawn care

from georgia

yes 17hp and floating deck

7. Jozgators

Jozgators LawnSite Member

I have a belt drive 48 2003. Cut mainly St Augustine, also use the mulch kit. In summer it will bog down even with double blades because of the growth. But it the cut always looks great. If I use it this week I'll try to take pictures. Forgot also have a single wheel sulky on it also.

8. plateau lawn care

from georgia

cool send a pic

9. Jozgators

Here's some pictures I took today.

100-0005_IMG.JPG

100-0006_IMG.JPG

100-0014_IMG.JPG

100-0010_IMG.JPG

100-0011_IMG.JPG

10. Jozgators

Still new to the business, so if there is any constuctive criticism with any of the pictures let me know. I can't fix it if I don't know what I am doing wrong.