1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Gravely 48HD, opinions

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by stevenf, Jul 2, 2010.

1. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

Just wanted to see what you thought about the Gravely 48HD? I know someone with 250hrs on theres and no problems. I purchased it as a light commercial use mower to use on my residential accounts. There website says its a residential mower. I was told it had 2 year commercial warranty, the website says 1yr. I purchased it as 10mph, ground speed is 8mph.
    Im debating on whether or not to put up a fuss with the dealer or just keep it. I got it for $4,700.00. Would you gravely owners say its worth it?

2. cdjones

cdjones LawnSite Member

Just got a 5224 hd myself for 5299 new.....has the 24 hp kawi..nice mower very well built for the price as a matter of fact i havent seen much competition at that price its alot of mower....i dont think you did to bad 250 hours isnt all that much use..

3. Casey'sLM

Casey'sLM LawnSite Member

I just bought a compact pro 44, has the commercial kawi and commercial hydro pumps. Its a great little mower for the price, I have no complaints.