Gravely front mount

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Sneaky, Nov 17, 2005.

1. Sneaky

Sneaky LawnSite Member

Just wondering if anyone is running a gravely front mount?

2. Sneaky

Sneaky LawnSite Member

huh looks like I'm the only one that has ever heard of one of these machines

3. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

I have seen them on their site, they are really long machines. I would buy one if I have the money, looks more comfortable than a ztr imo.

4. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I am a Gravely dealer, but I have not seen one in years. Before I became a dealer, I got to demo one, and it was pretty nice, with a good cut.
    If you have a lot of curbs to deal with, they are really good for getting up over those. I do not believe they sell very many, and there has been some talk they may quite making them in the next couple of years.
    sorry I can not be more helpful.

5. davidcalhoun

davidcalhoun LawnSite Bronze Member

When you say Gravely front mount, do you mean their Outfront mower? The one where you sit at the very back (behind the motor) on top of the rear turn wheel?

I have never used a Gravely Outfront mower but I have used the same style Scag back in the late 80's (Scag still makes the Three Wheel Rider). They mowed great on larger/open properties. They would work on some smaller properties but we have better mower options for these smaller yards (walk-behinds and mid-mount ZTR's).

6. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Yes, he is talking about the one where you sit in the back.

7. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

down here you see them on every trailer.

I sure hope they dont stop making them, cause I plan on buying one next year when i sell my dixie