1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Gravely front rider

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Holders Residential, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Holders Residential

Holders Residential LawnSite Member

I went paintbaling with my kids today and stpped by a Gravely dealer that I just happened upon. They had one of those three wheeled front deck riders it looked nice and I thought I might start a conversation. I dont know anything about them or Gravely. What do you think?
  2. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

Gravely is a good company and has been around a bazillion years. One of the first big names in the farming and agricultural industry.

They make good products and their prices are reasonable.

The new three wheel rider , i don't have much info though.
  3. Holders Residential

It had atag on it that said, 10100.00 discounted to 87000.00. It had a big deck with a big discharge .Does anybody know how they cut. The dealer said, they took them on to compete with scag.Scag is big around here all the dealers tell me that that we the Nations largest distribution center.
  4. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

That machine has been in their lineup a long time. Pretty solid machine, but they do not sell very many. Gravely now has a new front-deck machine that will try to compete with Grasshopper and Exmark front decks. however, that 3 wheel machine does cut well. Just not quite as fast as the newer front-deck machines.
  5. Holders Residential

Is it worth that kind of money seems kind of high. By the way I know a guy with a scag 3wheel hes really good with it looks like it mows as fast as my ztr mid-mount.