Gravely Guys!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by M&M Mowing, Jul 1, 2008.

1. M&M Mowing

M&M Mowing LawnSite Member

I now have had four 260z Gravelys and all of them have been very durable machines. On my last three including my new 260 with just 58 hours on it I have noticed cracks on where you put in the bolts for the front end to be locked into placed and unable to pivot. Have any of you guys noticed cracks in the metal near or around the bolt holes? My dealer told me he had never seen one to develop cracks so he is going to replace the cracked pieces. The Gravely tech guy told him to recommend me to run the bolts out and allow the axel to pivot, but the mower rides rougher and scalps while turning around obstacles. I will try to get up pics tomorrow of where the cracks are.
  2. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

Put up some pics. Mine has had the bolts in since about ten hours. Are the cracks visible from the top where the bolts thread in?
  3. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

My 252 has around 35 hours and my 260 has about 20 hours. I run with the axle locked stiff practically all the time. Not seen any cracks yet.
  4. missileman

missileman LawnSite Member

Haven't noticed any cracks on my 252 XDZ but I'll check again. Thanks for the post.