1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Gravely HE1748FX

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Moretta Lawn Care, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Moretta Lawn Care

Moretta Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Hey guys/and gals. I am looking at a new Gravely HE1748FX Hydro walk behind. I have used a Gravely Pro Master 500 rider but have never used a Gravely walk behind. What do you like not like about the unit. It is the 2006 model and I thought it was very well designed.

I am also looking at the Accelerator Aluminum Bagger and a Pro-One Hydro Sulky. Both of which I thought would be great additions to the mower especially the bagger. It is pretty nice.

Thanks for your input.
  2. one man gang

one man gang LawnSite Fanatic
    from N. In.

Get the pro steer, I got h1752 floating deck and the pistols got stuck a lot in the beginning( I had to take all the springs out of the neutral latch) and and still do sometimes. I'd also suggest a grass packer instead of the aluminum,it's polyurethane and holds a lot. I got it on line.
  3. Dashunde

Dashunde LawnSite Senior Member

IF you have hills pass on the prosteer. You can NOT muscle a Gravely prosteer. My first Gravely was a prosteer and it sucked on hills - when going down them you have nothing to push yourself back on. They are also twitchy. I switched to a pistol Gravely... MUCH better control.
    WD-40 on my pistol's linkage solved all first-hour stickyness.

Frankly, if I had it all to do over again, I'd go with a Ferris WB.
  4. one man gang

one man gang LawnSite Fanatic
    from N. In.

I wish WD 40 fixed mine, I actually had to file down the bracket so it wouldn't catch. Had to change the hydro belt yesterday and had to take off the brakes in order to get it off, talk about a pain
  5. Dano50

Dano50 LawnSite Bronze Member

If I were you I'd try Fluid Film next time on the linkage. If you are looking for long-term lubrication. There is no product that is going to last longer. If you've never tried a can before, try one on us. Just visit our sponsored forum and ask for one. You've got nothing to lose but problems with sticky linkage.