1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Gravely hitch??????????????????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LouisianaLawnboy, Mar 17, 2009.

1. LouisianaLawnboy

LouisianaLawnboy LawnSite Silver Member

I have a Gravely 250Z, and I recently aquired a Craftsman lawn sweeper. Anyboy know where I can get a hitch to attach it?

2. Green Machine Mowing

Green Machine Mowing LawnSite Member

welding shop?? have then throw some black paint on it and no one will ever know, maybe find a shop with grass and mow it once or twice in exchange

3. 4.3mudder

4.3mudder LawnSite Silver Member

You can make one, I did for my z. A piece of 1 inch angle and drilled a half inch hole, couple bolts to hold it on. Price-$0 , had everything laying around. 30 minutes to do. Very strong.

4. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Order the factory-built hitch from your Gravely dealer, or, make one yourself.

5. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

I have the factory hitch and I think the price was real shaft, but I needed it quickly. You should be able to make one without even welding.

6. LouisianaLawnboy

LouisianaLawnboy LawnSite Silver Member

They want ;)40.00;) for it at my dealer. I know metal doesnt cost that much.;)

7. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

UN-FRIGGIN-REAL, isn't it, I could NOT belive when I was shopping for some.

a few years back I bit the bullit and purchased a welder. made my own from scrap metal,

go to your local welder, " BUT DONT TELL HIM THEY WANT 40.00 for one

8. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I have 2 Stens hitches on my Z's. The part number you want is 285227. It's 3/8 or 1/2 inch thick steel. Comes with mounting bolts. I got mine off of Ebay for $35.00 each. According to the Stens catalog they sell for $48.64 + shipping.

9. snowjeep

snowjeep LawnSite Senior Member

If u have a cub cadet dealer they have a universal for $12. I put 1 on my 34z last year

10. EagleGrounds

EagleGrounds LawnSite Senior Member

just find a buddy that can weld, it will take him 10 minutes