1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Gravely Kawasaki 13hp Throttle cable/choke/carb strange goings on.

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by SouthernFried, Jul 18, 2004.

1. SouthernFried

SouthernFried LawnSite Senior Member

Never had a serious problem with a Gravely in 20 yrs...my new Gravely 36" WB tho...

It all started when my throttle cable wouldn't move the choke valve thingy out of the closed/choke position.

Ok, I just manually opened the valve, and left it there...never really needed to choke it anyway.

Now, the thing wont run with the valve in the Open position...it will only run when I close the choke/valve. I had to run all day with the mower choked, and sputtering...but, I got through the day. God knows if this is doing any damage.

Also, my throttle cable seems to stick now, or...when I try to move the throttle, it pops right back up to the top position.

I got 2 days before I need it again, so if anyone has any idea what's happening here....there's a Margarita & Taco Dinner waiting in San Antonio for you.

I'll throw in a Mariachi band too...but, you'll have to eat on your own...
  2. kawasakitech

kawasakitech LawnSite Member

The throttle cable is too small of diameter to properly move the linkage. I believe Gravely has come out with an improved throttle/choke cable. Check with your local Ariens dealer to see if a bulletin has been issued.