1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Gravely make a Diesel Mower??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Sword, Dec 4, 2004.

1. Sword

Sword LawnSite Member

Just read a thread about Diesel fuel consumption, and someone said that Gravely burns about a certain amount of Diesel an hour... ... I didn't even know that Gravely made a Diesel engine....

If they do, goin to serious look into one for next yr...
  2. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

all manufacturers make a diesel version of their biggest mowers....their 60" or their 72". i dont know if anyone makes diesel engines in a smaller size, except Kubota. i think all of theirs are diesel. dont quote me on that.
  3. mikekl

mikekl LawnSite Member

A friend of mine has a gravely front mower(PM460) 72" deck,4WD,30hp Yanmar diesel engine.it is about 8 yrs old.I dont think gravely makes it anymore though,too bad cause it cuts like a beast!Ive been trying to get him to sell it to me for the past year.I have seen them on ebay every now and then,pretty decent price too,($3000.-$5000.)good luck
  4. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Yes, Gravely makes a midmount ZTR with a diesel engine.
  5. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Gravely uses turbo (31 HP) and naturally aspirated versions (27 HP) of the Daihatsu diesel on the 260Z/ 272Z line of mowers.

We have 3 gasser versions; I don't recommend the 72" deck unless you have lots of smooth areas to cut, its a scalper. The 60" is great.
  6. bettergrass

bettergrass LawnSite Member

my best friend has a 72 its not a gravely but it never scalps so i dont know where you get that